2017 AFL COATES HIRE GOAL OF THE YEAR COMPETITION – PRIZES AND TERMS
Watch the nominees each round, vote for your favourite goal and go into the running to win one of two official AFL Sherrin footys each week, and the major cash prize of $5000 at the end of the 2017 AFL home and away season.
How it works
Each week's nominated goals are selected by AFL Media's footy experts, but the weekly winning goal is in your hands.
For your shot at the weekly prize, simply vote for your favourite goal and log in (existing user) or register (new user). If your goal ends up being voted the weekly winner, you're in the running for the prize.
Voting opens 12pm each round the day after the last game, and closes the night before commencement of the next round at 11.59pm (in the case of Thursday matches - closes at 12pm the day of commencement of the next round, in the case of Round 23 closes Thursday August 31).
Please refer to the voting opening and closing times and draw dates listed in the Terms and Conditions below, as exact days of the week may change depending on the fixture for each round.
At the conclusion of the home and away season, the AFL’s All-Australian Selection Committee will select the best three goals from a selection of 28 (the 23 weekly winners, along with 5 other contenders as determined by the AFL Media footy expert selectors). The best three will be based on a 5/4/3/2/1 vote given by each member of the selection committee.
Voting will open on Monday 4 September 2017 at 12pm for the 2017 AFL Coates Hire Goal of the Year and the overall winner will be selected by public voting, which will close at 11.59pm on 14 September 2017.
One lucky entrant who selects the overall 2017 AFL Coates Hire Goal of the Year will win $5,000 cash.
So watch, vote and win now!
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the "2017 AFL Coates Hire Goal of the Year Competition"
- This document contains the terms and conditions of entry (“these Terms”) into the 2017 AFL Coates Hire Goal of the Year Competition (“Promotion”). Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- The Promoter is the Australian Football League (“AFL”) ABN 97 489 912 318 of 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Vic 3008 (“Promoter”).
- The Promotion will open 12:00 pm on Monday 27 March 2017 and will continue until 11:59 pm Thursday 14 September 2017 (“Promotion Period”). All times in these Terms are expressed in the local time of Melbourne, Victoria.
- Entry is open to all people excluding employees of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with this Promotion, and their immediate families. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Non-Australian Entrants will not be eligible for prizes.
- To register for the Promotion entrants must during the Promotion Period:
- Register their details via the on-line registration form located on the 2017 AFL Coates Hire Goal of the Year website at www.goaloftheyear.afl (“Online Entry Site”); and
- The Promoter reserves the right not to accept a registration for any Entrant or to disqualify an Entrant if the Promoter considers that the registration contains anything defamatory or is otherwise inappropriate.
- An Entrant may only register as an individual.
- The AFL will be conducting the 2017 Coates Hire Goal of the Year competition (“Competition”). This Promotion will be conducted in conjunction with the Competition. In the Competition, AFL media representatives as selected by the Promoter (“AFL Media”) will select three (3) goals kicked in the matches played in the relevant 2017 AFL home and away round (“Competition Round”) and announce and publish the goals at the Online Entry Site.
- At the end of all Competition Rounds the AFL All-Australian Selection Committee will select the best three goals from a selection of 28 (the 23 weekly winners, along with 5 other contenders as determined by the AFL Media). The best three will be based on a 5/4/3/2/1 vote given by each member of the selection committee. These best three goals will be announced and published on the Online Entry Site, for the purpose of determining the overall Coates Hire Goal of the Year for the Competition (“Final Round”).
- Entrants can complete their entry during the Promotion Period by:
- logging on to the Online Entry Site and submitting a vote in the Promotion in any one of the twenty three (23) Competition Rounds and the Final Round, and then fully completing the requested details in accordance with the directions on the entry page; and
- indicating their acceptance of these Terms (“Qualifying Entry”).
- Voting for each Competition Round and the Final Round will open and close at the times described below. Note: Rounds that commence on a Thursday will close at 12pm rather than 11:59pm.
|1||Monday March 27, 2017||Thursday March 30, 2017||Friday March 31, 2017|
|2||Monday April 3, 2017||Thursday April 6, 2017||Friday April 7, 2017|
|3||Monday April 10, 2017||Thursday April 13, 2017||Friday April 14, 2017|
|4||Tuesday April 18, 2017||Thursday April 20, 2017||Friday April 21, 2017|
|5||Wednesday April 26, 2017||Thursday April 27, 2017||Friday April 28, 2017|
|6||Monday May 1, 2017||Thursday May 4, 2017||Friday May 5, 2017|
|7||Monday May 8, 2017||Thursday May 11, 2017||Friday May 12, 2017|
|8||Monday May 15, 2017||Thursday May 18, 2017||Friday May 19, 2017|
|9||Monday May 22, 2017||Thursday May 25, 2017||Friday May 26, 2017|
|10||Monday May 29, 2017||Thursday June 1, 2017||Friday June 2, 2017|
|11||Monday June 5, 2017||Thursday June 8, 2017||Friday June 9, 2017|
|12||Tuesday June 13, 2017||Thursday June 15, 2017||Friday June 16, 2017|
|13||Monday June 19, 2017||Thursday June 22, 2017||Friday June 23, 2017|
|14||Monday June 26, 2017||Thursday June 29, 2017||Friday June 30, 2017|
|15||Monday July 3, 2017||Thursday July 6, 2017||Friday July 7, 2017|
|16||Monday July 10, 2017||Thursday July 13, 2017||Friday July 14, 2017|
|17||Monday July 17, 2017||Thursday July 20, 2017||Friday July 21, 2017|
|18||Monday July 24, 2017||Friday July 28, 2017||Saturday July 29, 2017|
|19||Monday July 31, 2017||Thursday August 3, 2017||Friday August 4, 2017|
|20||Monday August 7, 2017||Thursday August 10, 2017||Friday August 11, 2017|
|21||Monday August 14, 2017||Thursday August 17, 2017||Friday August 18, 2017|
|22||Monday August 21, 2017||Thursday August 24, 2017||Friday August 25, 2017|
|23||Monday August 28, 2017||Thursday August 31, 2017||Friday September 1, 2017|
- Entrants can vote for the goal in each of the twenty three (23) Competition Rounds and the Final Round. By submitting a vote in a Competition Round an Entrant will be eligible to enter the Minor Prize Draw that corresponds to that Competition Round. By submitting a vote in the Final Round an Entrant will be eligible to enter the Major Prize Draw.
- Each Entrant may only have one entry in any Minor Prize Draw and the Major Prize Draw.
- Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Minor Prize Draw for the final time they submit a vote in relation to that Competition Round.
- A random prize draw will be conducted at the Australian Football League, 140 Harbour Esplanade, Docklands, Vic 3008 (“Draw Location”) from all entries received for the most voted goal relating to each Competition Round at 11am on the dates detailed in clause 11 above (“Minor Prize Draws”).
- The first two entrants with a valid Qualifying Entry drawn in each Minor Prize Draw will receive from the Promoter an official AFL Sherrin football (valued at up to $190 Inc. GST) ("Weekly Prize").
- The total value of the Weekly Prize pool is $8,740 (Inc. GST) based on two winners per week for 23 Competition Rounds.
- Each winner will be contacted in writing within 2 days of the date of being drawn a winner, and their name will be published on goaloftheyear.afl within seven (7) days of the end of the respective close of voting in the Competition Round.
- An Entrant who has won a Weekly Prize will be ineligible to win a further Weekly Prize.
- Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the Major Prize Draw for the final time they submit a vote in relation to the Final Round.
- A random prize draw will be conducted at the Draw Location from all entries received for the most voted goal relating to the Final Round by the Promoter at 11:00am on Friday 15 September 2017 (“Major Prize Draw”).
- The first Entrant with a valid Qualifying Entry drawn in the Major Prize Draw will win $5,000 (valued at $5,000 Inc. GST) (“Major Prize”).
- The cash prize will be awarded by the Promoter in the form of a cheque in the winner’s name or direct bank transfer to the winner's nominated bank account.
- The Major Prize winner will be contacted in writing within 2 days of the date of being drawn a winner, and their name will be published on goaloftheyear.afl on Tuesday 19 September 2017.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
- In the event that any Weekly Prize or the Major Prize has not been claimed within 3 months of notifying that winner of the prize, the winner forfeits their prize and the prize is entered in an Unclaimed Prize Draw that will be conducted at 11am on 10 January 2018 at the Draw Location. The prize winner(s) will be contacted in writing within 2 days and their name published on goaloftheyear.afl immediately following the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
- Any cash prize will be awarded by the Promoter in the form of a cheque in the winner’s name or direct bank transfer to the winner's nominated bank account.
- If more than one person attempts to claim a prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons is the winning Entrant(s), subject to any direction of a relevant authority.
- If an Entrant is under 18 years, they must have their parent or guardian's consent to enter the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to request this consent in writing. If consent in writing is requested, the winner's nominated parent/legal guardian will be required to include the words "in consideration of AFL agreeing to admit the Entrant into this Promotion, [name of Parent or Guardian] agrees to be bound by the terms of entry into the Promotion" in such written consent.
- If a prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner.
- Minors may use the prize, but they must have consent from their parent or legal guardian (which the Promoter may request in writing).
- Each Qualifying Entry counts towards one (1) entry only.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cheques will be not negotiable.
- Subject to the Unclaimed Prize Draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize, then the prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, registrations and Entrants (including an Entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the entry/registration/voting process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- The total prize pool for this Promotion is valued at $13,740 (Inc. GST).
- Incomplete, indecipherable and incorrect entries/registrations or entries/registrations containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
- It is a condition of taking a prize that the winner must, if requested to do so by the Promoter, sign and return documents relating to their eligibility to enter (including ownership of entry), statement of compliance with relevant terms and conditions and/or a release of the Promoter's liability in taking prizes.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries or registrations not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Registrations and entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected registrations or entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value, subject to any written directions given by State gaming departments.
- Any Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify registrations and/or entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms. Notwithstanding the Promoter's rights under these Terms to not accept or to subsequently disqualify a Entrant, the Promoter will not be liable for any legal action arising out of any name being defamatory, inappropriate, in breach of any third party's rights, or in breach of any law, and any persons forming part of that name must indemnify the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies from any legal action, claim or dispute arising directly or indirectly from the name being defamatory, inappropriate, in breach of any third party's rights, or in breach of any law.
- By participating in this Promotion, the Entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
- they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the Promotion and the Competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them; the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them; the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
- they acknowledge that the Promoter retains all right, title and interest, including copyright, in the Materials and, by participating in the Promotion, they assign to the Promoter on creation of the Materials all right, title and interest which might, but for these Terms, vest in them;
- they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
- they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
- they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
- Any costs associated with entering the Promotion including but not limited to accessing the Online Entry Site is the Entrant's responsibility.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, registration, tip or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) taking and/or use of a prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize.
- Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms or in any advertisement relating to this Promotion, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia. All references to dollar amounts are inclusive of goods and services tax (GST).
- The Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of Australia.
- The permit numbers for this Promotion are NSW PERMIT NO. LTPS/17/12494; ACT PERMIT NO. ACT TP 17/00493.1; and SA PERMIT NO. T17/469.